Danieli & Co headquartered in Italy, continues to invest and acquire companies in order to expand its portfolio. Major investments in progress include:
• Expansion of the Buttrio Research Centre;
• Investments of €40M (nearly completed) in the workshops in Buttrio, including a third large milling machine and CNC machining centre.
• In 2012-13 the expansion of its engineering departments and workshops overseas. In China, capacity is to double, while in India the company is building a €60M factory near Chenai and in Russia a service facility.
Four acquisitions of companies were made during the year:
• Akros Henschel in Germany, offering eco-friendly ferrous scrap processing;
• Ing Candotti Impianti Industriali, an engineering company for tailor-made lifting equipment for ports and other special applications;
• Olivotto Ferrè, specialising in the design of heat treatment furnaces and systems; and
• Innoval in the UK – a research and development centre specialising in aluminium production processes and technologies.
The latter has played a significant role in enabling Danieli to win orders for hot and cold aluminium rolling mills, a sector in which the portfolio was previously limited only to extrusion presses. Orders have come in from Austria, Russia and China.
The Danieli plantmaking division now consists of Wean United (USA), Sund Birsta and Morgårdshammar (Sweden), Fröhling, W+K, Akros Henschel (Germany), Rotelec (France), Danieli Corus Technical Services (the Netherlands), Danieli China (workshop & services), Danieli India (workshop & Services) Danieli Thailand (workshop) and Innoval, DDD (UK) (aluminium rolling).