The World Steel Association (worldsteel) hosted its fourth Steel Awards ceremony at the farewell dinner to close the 47th annual steel industry conference.
The trophies, known as ‘Steelies’, were awarded in eight categories:
• Steel Industry website of the year was awarded to voestalpine.
• worldsteel (in house) activity of the year: Finance and Administration
• Innovation of the year: ArcelorMittal Dofasco for KOBM automated steelmaking
• Excellence in sustainability: ArcelorMittal for Sustain Great Lakes (SOGL)
• Excellence in Life Cycle Assessment BlueScope for improving environmental sustainability of its product range
• Excellence in education and training: Tenaris.
• Industry communicator of the year: Tom Gibson AISI
The Steelies winners were selected through nominations by member companies to the relevant worldsteel committees followed by final selection by expert panels.